The mission of the NAPCA Summer Academy is to empower students to find their purpose/career path, break through their academic and non-academic barriers, walk with hope and purpose, and take ownership of their future college and career goals.
In order to accomplish this mission, the NAPCA Summer Academy has developed the following goals to guide our efforts:
- Provide students with relevant information, resources, and tools to help them:
a. Explore their future college and career paths
b. Complete the critical steps to find, apply to, and enroll in their “best fit and top choice” four year college/university (B.A./B.S. degree completion) or graduate school (Master's and Doctoral degree completion).
c. Secure their financial resources (grants, scholarships) to pay for their postsecondary education.
d. Improve their score on college entrance exams (i.e., SAT or ACT) and graduate school admission exams (i.e., GRE, MCAT, GMAT, LSAT).
e. Strengthen their academic skills and non-cognitive/non-academic skills, behaviors, and attitudes for success in high school, college, and career.
- Deliver a safe and supportive learning environment that encourages students to explore and take ownership of their academic and career goals by participating in our hands on college preparation/graduate school preparation and career planning/exploration workshops, and college-level academic preparation/enrichment courses in a variety of fields such as Business, Science, Engineering, Medicine and Health Care, and Law.
- Nurture within our students positive “growth mindsets”, effective learning and motivation strategies, and psychological and emotional resilience to break through the barriers to complete a workforce relevant credential, two year or four year college degree, graduate/professional degree, and gain entry level position(s) or internship(s) in their desired career.
- Equip students with the personal strategic planning skills, career planning and exploration skills, and the non-academic/meta-cognitive learning skills and strategies to help them become self-regulated learners and informed decision makers.
- Provide opprtunities for students to explore their future college and career paths through exclusive access to career focused facility visits, university academic department tours, and prominent guest speakers from different career paths.
- Promote the involvement of NAPCA alumni by offering them a staff, teaching, or guest speaker role in our programs.
- Welcome students from all over the world to attend, interact and network with promiment NAPCA faculty, staff and other high achieving students with similar academic and career interests.